Heaters struggling to get tank warm enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raynman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 200l tank and I'm currently trying to deal with a (at the moment) minor case of ich. I'm trying to get my tank up to 31⁰C as I've been told this helps but even with two 200w heaters turned right up I'm only at 30⁰C. The room temperature eight now is 17⁰C. Should 2 200w heaters be enough or should I get 2 300w heaters?

I think 2 x 200w heaters are going to struggle to get that kind of temperature rise from 17c to 31c. 2 x 300w should eat it. You say 17c now, what does it drop to overnight?

30c should be good enough for ich treatment.

I think 2 x 200w heaters are going to struggle to get that kind of temperature rise from 17c to 31c. 2 x 300w should eat it. You say 17c now, what does it drop to overnight?

30c should be good enough for ich treatment.

I thought maybe one was worn since I've had it for a while and it was a cheapie but yeah it is fair increase from 17 to 31 and it also would drop to maybe 14 at night. I'll see how I go with the ich at 30⁰c and maybe consider 2x300 watt heaters if need be.

Back
Top Bottom