HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libbyb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a used light fixture and the guy said that it has been flickering so he changed the little spark plug part. It didn't help. So I changed the bulb. No luck. Okay. I bought a new light fixture last night. It worked great and this morning too. There's a PetSmart moving so I went today to stock up on stuff (50% off!) and bought another bulb knowing that I would eventually need 2 fixtures (they ran out already). I brought it home and tried it in and it was fine. I took it out and put the other one back in and it started to flicker again. I changed it from the the surge protector the guy gave me thinking maybe it's that. No. New lamp, new bulb, new outlet and it STILL FLICKERS. I know they sputter when you first turn them on but this is ridiculous. I can hear it all the way over here.

Yeah, I got to playing with it and I think you are right. I have a feeling the one I bought used didn't come with this cover. The one I bought last night won't sit right. I have it sort of propped up. I'll be getting an all glass cover for it anyway so I'll just have to be careful. It still flickers but not as bad.
I was really panicking!

Back
Top Bottom