Help 150gallon cracked!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M1n1GolfChamp5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can someone please help me, i have a 150 gallon tank that has a crack in the bottom corner? how do i fix this?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 88
cant i reseal the tank and silicon the crack and patch it with another piece of 1/2inch glass?

how much do you think it would cost for a sheet of glass 6feet by 18inchs, 1/2inch thick?

Oh no...

We JUST went through this with a 60 gallon that cracked in the back and flooded our entire house because it was located in an upstairs loft...:( :nono: :(

Please don't tell me there were fish in there when you discovered this...that's what we went through and trust me you DON'T want to experience that...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
how much do you think it would cost for a sheet of glass 6feet by 18inchs, 1/2inch thick?

Odd that a tank that big didn't have tempered glass on the bottom. Was the bottom drilled or something? Did someone build that tank themselves?

A sheet of glass that big will not be cheap, but I'd replace it with tempered if you don't need it drilled. Tempered can handle more weight on it than the same sized annealed panel can.

You'll also want to make sure the stand it on is perfectly square and level before you put the tank back and if you're repairing the tank, that has to be perfectly square as well when done. Small stresses on one corner, edge, etc can lead to big issues later and you are seeing now.

Back
Top Bottom