help 55 gallon hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyRookie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i have a 55 gallon and im going to use it to breed guppies. it's going to be bare bottom with just java moss and naja grass.

The middle part of the upper frame broke so i cant buy the generic hood that comes with 2 separate folding glass pieces.

any ideas? I dont have skills for DIY btw. budget is around $20

There's not many options for a budget of twenty dollars. This can be a expensive hobby. They make clip on led lights. Clip on fluorescent light fixtures as well, but I'm afraid anything "cheap" is gonna look tacky. You can get those garage shoplight for 20 bucks, you can either lay it on the tank or hang it from the ceiling, and just leave the tank uncovered. About all I can think of...

If the center bracket is indeed broken I wouldn't put much trust into filling that tank all the way. The intent on that piece is structural support to keep the front and rear glass from bowing and eventually breaking from the outward force and stresses the water weight will create. If it were me, I'd replace the top before considering using the tank.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

If this is not a show tank? More a project tank? leave it half full and go to home depot and buy a 48" shop light to sit on top of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom