HELP - Aquarium is Cracked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are still concerned you could leave a large tub where the splash zone would be to catch the fish so they could survive until you found em.

If you are still concerned you could leave a large tub where the splash zone would be to catch the fish so they could survive until you found em.

That would be assuming it was a catastrophic failure and not just a fast leak, which would drain out and let all the fish stay in the tank and die.

At the least, get a big rubbermaid tub, fill it up and put your fish and equipment in it.

Don't cheap out now, be responsible with your fish.

fort384 said:
I would put the current stock in a rubbermaid container or similar for now, and empty the tank ASAP though. 55 gal of water on the floor of your house could cause some major, major damage.

Exactly what what I was going to say. Experienced this problem before at 11pm.. I went to Walmart and got a tub and start transferring water, fish and plants into it as a temp tank. The next few days the fish and plants may it. Hot a new tank and all is well. Some times stuff happens in the hobby that that really suck but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited by a moderator:
jetajockey said:
That would be assuming it was a catastrophic failure and not just a fast leak, which would drain out and let all the fish stay in the tank and die.

At the least, get a big rubbermaid tub, fill it up and put your fish and equipment in it.

Don't cheap out now, be responsible with your fish.

Good point, I think that if he plans to do anything that your plan sounds like the best one. I just didn't think the OP was grooving on that idea is all.

After further inspection im thinking its just a semi deep scratch, thanks for sll the info i'll keep that in mind if my tank ever does crack(knock on wood)

Back
Top Bottom