Help, dont know what filter system is best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyFawn29

Aquarium Advice Newbie
SO I HAVE A TANK A 55 GALLON WITH 5 FISH ALL RELITIVLEY ABOUT AN INCH LONG OR LESS. CHILIDS. i BOUGHT A filter system off chewy.com, for around $40... with a 3 layer system it was supposed to be be a good filter had 4 out of 5 stars positive feedback but its doing nothing for my tank. Im trying to decide what affordable better external filter i should get really dont wan tot waste my time or money... There are so many and im not sure what to get! I need something to help keep it clear water and the ammonia down. Any helpful ideas? oh and i also have a another cheaper filter from tetra it seems to be doing a better job than the other but need to change filters constantly.

Getting a Tank Filter

SO I HAVE A TANK A 55 GALLON WITH 5 FISH ALL RELITIVLEY ABOUT AN INCH LONG OR LESS. CHILIDS. i BOUGHT A filter system off chewy.com, for around $40... with a 3 layer system it was supposed to be be a good filter had 4 out of 5 stars positive feedback but its doing nothing for my tank. Im trying to decide what affordable better external filter i should get really dont wan tot waste my time or money... There are so many and im not sure what to get! I need something to help keep it clear water and the ammonia down. Any helpful ideas? oh and i also have a another cheaper filter from tetra it seems to be doing a better job than the other but need to change filters constantly.

Mandy...

As long as you do a good job of taking care of the tank water by changing half or more weekly, you don't need an expensive filter. I keep larger tanks like yours and use a couple of dual sponge filters I got online for $20.00 total. I change at least half or more of the water every week and keep a lot of different fish from Corydoras to Comets.

Save your money.

B

Back
Top Bottom