Help is my filter ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie443

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have a 180l tank that is almost cycled and I'm hoping to get fish soon. The issue is, the tank was second hand and the filter that came with it is like nothing I've seen before. Its a powerhead biopro 3000L. I've looked it up on the net and can't seem to get any info on it. Anyway it gives off a good flow and circulates the water well, but it doesn't have an air intake tube, there is a small stopper attached to a tube which seems to be an air intake as when i put air tubing near it it sucks in air but the pressure is massive. Do air pumps need to have an air intake is my question? Sorry I'm just starting out and want to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks

Jackie:wink:

You're right, there's not much I can find on the net either. So I'll fire from the hip here - can't guarantee this is accurate.

it sounds like you have an internal power filter for filtering/circulating water, which from your description it sounds like it does well. The stopper thing you're referring to my guess is that it's a venturi style intake to allow you to inject CO2 or soemthing like that into it if you needed to. most users don't need this function, so you should keep the rubber stopper capped to prevent air ingestion through the filter. That feature would only be used in specific cases.

Back
Top Bottom