Help me choose a light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FMJnaX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First off, I apologize for making yet another topic on this. I did a search and found some usefull information, but not enough to make me feel confident on my own.

I have a 29 gallon tank that I'm starting to plant. It's got a lot of Anacharis and I'm going to be adding other low/mid-light plants to that in the future. My current ballast/light is a simple 20W fluorescent. I'm not sure what the rating on the bulb is, aside from being 20 watts. It may be an awesome bulb, but since it came with the hood, I doubt it (plus, my plants aren't as "full" as they could be).

Anyway, what is the best spectrum to look for? In the store I went last night, there was an 18000K, a 1000K, a 6800K, and a 4200K. I will be getting two bulbs and I'll be using a twin tube strip light fixture. I'll have roughly 1.4 WPG.

Thanks!

That's on the low end of light, but there are several low light plants you could keep.

I like 5700K for planted tanks. The higher spectrums are a marine thing (10,000K+).

Back
Top Bottom