Im new on here, my name is Luke and im from Sydney Australia.
I currently have a 30G tall tetra tank and im looking to go one bigger.
I'm looking to start planning my next tank. I know the wife won't let me get it any time soon so hopefully if I start planning I can build it up by Christmas if I am lucky.
I'm hoping to build a 5*2*2 tank (6foot if I am lucky enough) which will start as a freshwater but with the opportunity to convert to salt water later on down the track.
I'm hoping I can get some information from you guys to fill in the gaps.
As suggestions made I'll add them into this top post for easy visibility and comparison.
• Bright fish
• Lots of activity
• Relatovely low maintenance
• Budget to mid range cost
• I was originally thinking peacock chiclids with a few clown loaches. If I go down this route what numbers could I fit in the above tank?
• What other fish would you recommend that meet the above tank goal?
• Would a sump be beneficial for this tank considering I want to go SW
one day, and if so what size sump would you recommend. Also what size pump?
• Or would 1 or 2 sunsun 304B's do the job?
• Open to suggestions here, I don't plan on having any live plants.
• Would prefer a hood light rather than roof suspended light
• I need to do some more research to see if black or white sand would make the fish pop the most.
• Texas holey rock looks pretty good with nice colourful cichlids, any other rock or decorations that are worth considerig?
• Would you recommend 250 or 300w?
• Any brands that I should consider?
Anything else that I haven't considered?