Help, my 20 gallon filter casing cracked, what can do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEVERLEARN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Not sure I'm posting in correct place, my hang on the back 20gal filter case cracked by the motor, l tried to sealed with heavy duty glue sticks but still leaked, is there anything l can do with the motor or anything to salvage from the filter? Any ideas or comments are appreciated

What brand of filter ? You can contact the maker and see if you can get a replacement housing , but probably cost as much as a new filter . If you buy the same filter , then save all the parts from this one for spares .

Your HOB Filter

Not sure I'm posting in correct place, my hang on the back 20gal filter case cracked by the motor, l tried to sealed with heavy duty glue sticks but still leaked, is there anything l can do with the motor or anything to salvage from the filter? Any ideas or comments are appreciated

Hello Nev...

This is easily remedied. Remove the media and put it back into the tank. It needs to be under the water, so use a decoration to hold it down temporarily. If you have an air stone and an air pump, set it up and run the plastic tubing down the inside of the tank and place the media with whatever you're using to hold it down and place everything over the end of the plastic tubing. The bacteria in the media will still use the nitrogen from the fish waste and get oxygen through the bubbles from the air pump. This will work until you can replace the filter. If it will be a while before you can do this, perform a bit larger than average water change every couple of days until you replace the filter.

Easy peazee,

B

Back
Top Bottom