Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mellany

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm new here and I need help badly I have a 55gal fresh water tank and the light started blinking like a strobe light, I assumed it was the bulb so I took info from the bulb its self it say's Eclipse natrual daylight F40T10/48" guess what I went to 4 stores no one has that bulb, can some one please tell me if there is one that will work or do I need to buy a whole new light At $80.00?:(
this tank was given to me for free but so far I have over $200.00 in it.

Also from looking around on the sight I want to add I have no live plants and it just has one bulb. thanks for lookin
Mel

For a bulb? or are you sayin I need a whole new light?

You need t10 48inch Bulb.....I think that is Rated at 40 watts.

a T8 will fit but make sure you don't go over on the watts for what the Fixture was spec'd for. Marineland who makes your lamp...states a T-5 will fit in their blog.

You could always call their customer support. Probably find you a retailer as well. Their customer service has always been good for me.
1-800-322-1266, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Pton46 thanks for the quick responce I'm gonna call em now can i get a "reg fluorscent" bulb from Lowes/home depot? or do I have to go to pet store?

I also forgot to add, hubby thought the "starter" might have been bad so he replaced it. I bought a bulb at petsmart it fit the 48inch length but was not as big around. (girth) I assume that is the "T10" part does that play a part in weather it would work or not? He tapped on it and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.

you might get lucky by going to HD or Lowes, Bring the whole lamp with you.

You might end up with an experienced guy who knows something and be able to fit it for you right there and test it. It is hard to say if the replacement you got now is correct without looking ....but the t-8 and T-10 should have the same connectors....This time around when mine burn out I'm switching to LED so I can get the moonlight and daylight in the Same fixture. Right now I have Blue LED's from QVC attached to the lamp with timer and Battery pack.

Pton hubby took reg ol fluorescence 40 watt from shop light and it fit and is working great! I only have tropical fish no plant life so I think I'm ok, but thank you so much for all your help. I was given the tank, stand, & fish (55gal) for free, it has a 20 inch Pleco and sword tails, red fin sharks, and few others but just to replace filters, hose, food and add some fake plants that free tank has cost me over $200.00. My hubby is none to pleased so I gotta keep cost down. Again thank you for all your help!

Good Deal...old saying no such thing as a free dog or a Free Fish Tank LOL

Back
Top Bottom