HELP - Skimmer problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home from a 3 day vacation and my skimmer isn't working properly. See attached pic... i have a very basic skimmer but it always worked great. I would never be able to open up the airline all the way or water would pretty much shoot out the top. But now with the airline open all the way I can't even get a drop into the top container :(

I tried obstructing the return of skimmer a bit and it will overflow but now bubbles...... It's a model 7 submersible pump.

I have the airline that comes out of the submersible pump connector (you can see from pic).... then I have a small hole in top of top container (no air line hooked to it)..... Then the return doesn't have anything but a PVC down spout attached to it.

It always worked great. I took it completely out and put it in the bath tub... pump is working great... no obstructions in pump, airline, skimmer or return ..... any feedback would be great.

Attachments

• DSC03373.jpg
    DSC03373.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 61
Wow - is everyone on vacation? I have never posted on here and had to wait more than 2hrs for a response :(

haha...well, i'll give you my .02 cents

what i saw wrong with the picture was the amount of water accumulated up top which i thinkmight have to do with too much air flowing through your pump

Back
Top Bottom