Help, tank not seating flat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zillijim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, thank you for the add,
So I guess I have a couple of problems,
Just put an 80 gallons, old all glass aquarium together, and now I just realized both corners on 1 side I can slide a piece of paper under, it's on a "custom" stand seating on 2, 2x10 flat. It's full of water and a few fish, and other is I found a couple of pinhole, like a bullseye crack, on the front, should I just take the whole thing apart and get a new tank and stank thanks in advance, and if this is the wrong location for post please move.

Attachments

• 20230123_234927.jpg
    20230123_234927.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230120_205127.jpg
    20230120_205127.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230120_205124.jpg
    20230120_205124.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 33
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height) and how thick is the glass?

Glass doesn't warp so the issue could be the stand (unless you used glass that was too thin). I would stick a sheet of 1 inch thick polystyrene foam between the tank and stand, that should fix the issue.

I am unsure what the pictures are meant to be with a metal strap in the water?

If you had holes in the glass, it would be draining. The marks (I'm assuming there are marks on the glass) are probably just scratches in the glass and not normally anything to worry about unless they are really long or deep.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was in a hurry, sorry the metal bar is to make it easier to see the crack I'm talking about, and as far as the polystyrene, the tank has a trim on the bottom . inst that only for rimless tank? Yes the problem is probably the stand, i just hate the fact to take the whole thing down. Just wondering if would be fine to leave the way it is, or just buy a new tank.18x25x48 3/8 thick

Last edited:
If it has a frame around the base of the tank, it might be alright as long as most of the tank is level on the stand.

How far along does the gap go between the tank and stand?

You don't normally need foam under a tank that has a frame.

Pretty much what you see in first Pic front and rear
left side, maybe wood will settle.

Back
Top Bottom