Help with adding biological filtration.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConVex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am interested some biological media to my top fin 20 hob filter. I'm not having any trouble with my water quality, I am just looking to beef up my filtration a bit because I am adding 3 neon tetras and snail soon.

My question is, where is the best place to put the media inside the filter? and what media do you recommend?

(please note I'm already running the carbon packets that they come with).

Thank you in advance.
-Convex :)

I am interested some biological media to my top fin 20 hob filter. I'm not having any trouble with my water quality, I am just looking to beef up my filtration a bit because I am adding 3 neon tetras and snail soon.

My question is, where is the best place to put the media inside the filter? and what media do you recommend?

(please note I'm already running the carbon packets that they come with).

Thank you in advance.
-Convex :)
There's alot you can do. Adding an intake sponge is probably the easiest. You can use bioballs, or biorings in the filter.
If your filter doesn't have much extra space, they also sell small pellet shaped media and little sack to put it in. You can shape that and got it in there.

Carbon isn't really needed, unless you're trying to absorb meds or some other contamination in the water, but it doesn't really hurt anything.

Sponge filters are good too.

Back
Top Bottom