Help with camera purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithhjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was hoping people could steer me towards a camera that is inexpensive, easy to use, yet will take decent pictures of corals and allow for the pictures to not come out saturated in blue from reef lighting. I'm a camera noob so please keep it simple lol!

To tell the truth I have had some expensive cams in the past and I find that everyone's tank is different with different room and tank lighting

In the end I sold all my cams as I found my iphone 5 takes better pictures and videos

This picture is with iphone 4

image-1923816548.jpg

And this is with iphone 5

image-4170882278.jpg

My you tube videos are also high grade

If you want point and shot some of the phone cams are as good as some of the cheaper cams

Thanks for the replies! I currently only use an iPhone for pics and want to try something else.

I use this-
Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD: Camera & Photo

You can fully submerge it and take close ups, which IMO is ideal for a reef.
As far as the blue, you need only to adjust the white balance.

Pretty funny cuz I hadn't even thought of using a waterproof one. I was planning on pics through a coral viewer with a standard camera. Last time I took pics underwater scuba diving was before the digital camera days lol.

Back
Top Bottom