Help with filter media location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikko7287

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just bought a aquatop canister filter 400 with uv for 90$ it's rated for 125 gal and I have a 75 so it's a 3 stage filter sucks water from bottom top, this is how it came but I mixed the baskets up and now I'm lost and don't know if it's right..the bottom filter is course sponge then a fine sponge. Next basket is medium sponge with bio balls / ceramic and last basket is medium sponge and carbon so what order is best and should I take all the medium filters and put them all in one tray? Thanks

So I just bought a aquatop canister filter 400 with uv for 90$ it's rated for 125 gal and I have a 75 so it's a 3 stage filter sucks water from bottom top, this is how it came but I mixed the baskets up and now I'm lost and don't know if it's right..the bottom filter is course sponge then a fine sponge. Next basket is medium sponge with bio balls / ceramic and last basket is medium sponge and carbon so what order is best and should I take all the medium filters and put them all in one tray? Thanks
I would set it up as follows, from the bottom to the top;
Course Sponge
All Medium Sponges
Fine Sponges
Ceramics/Bio-Media
If you have room, add some filter floss before and after the Bio-Media or even just after the bio-media. Also consider Purigen, it will give a nice sparkle to the water.

Back
Top Bottom