Help with lighting my FW 10G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a hood with lights but they are the screw in kind. Should I just get higher wattage screw in's or get a different hood with a florescent? I have just a regular one for a 20G long and it lights it up AWESOME compared to the one that came with it. It is going to be a fish only tank... The lights that are on it now are just yellowish and not bright. The hood says MAX 25W bulbs...

Get those screw in fluorescent compact bulbs that look are spirals. If you have plants don't go with soft white. I use 13 watt (the smallest ones). They are a lot cooler than the regular incandescent bulbs and last a lot longer. They make special ones for aquariums too but they cost twice as much and shaped different.

Get those screw in fluorescent compact bulbs that look are spirals. If you have plants don't go with soft white. I use 13 watt (the smallest ones). They are a lot cooler than the regular incandescent bulbs and last a lot longer. They make special ones for aquariums too but they cost twice as much and shaped different.

Can i get a link I cant find anything like that. I want a more "white" bulb

Well I couldn't find those but I got some lighting of America 10W Florescent bulbs that brightened it up ALOT!

30cmyxd.jpg

That is a good light. I am going to have to look for that brand.

Back
Top Bottom