Help with lighting, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rybe07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm interested in upgrading my lighting from a double bright led to something reef capable. I have a 55 gallon tank. My budget is tight so im doing a lot of shopping around and research. I found this light on eBay and would like to know if anyone has it or has an opinion on it. Any help is appreciated!
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=160834542965

True. Keeping LEDs does make since. Maybe I'll just add the marineland reef capable to my existing double bright fixture.

The marineland's are not that bright You may want to look into the TaoTroncis dimmable on ebay they run around $170 and you can keep just about any coral under them

Would i need 2 of the taotronic units? I've been looking at those and I like the thought of dimmable LEDs. Seems like there are a lot of people who like them.

You might be able to get a way with one because they dont have any lens so the light spread's out a lot the ends wont be as bright as the middle though. I had two over my 8ft tank and had no problems, i just added the third (gift from my wife)

Yea the ends were a little dark oddly enough my zoas and mushrooms thrived there the birds-nest and monti were right in the middle though The BN is growing like a weed now :)

Back
Top Bottom