help with new Rena tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

formyfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all im new to forum and need some help please , i have just acquired a 2nd hand large rena tank approx 25/30 gallons for my two goldies as an upgrade from smaller tank (15 gallon approx)

my problem is this ; the tank is the type that has a floating bottom ? i.e - is has a polysyterene disc /mat to support bottom of tank but i dont have the original cabinet for the tank .
having never owned a rena tank im unsure as how to set it up , i have a decent enough cabinet to sit it on but i dont know if the metal rim of tank should over-hang the cabinet thus putting all the weight on the polystyerene pad or should the metal fame of tank actually be sitting directly on top of the cabinet ?, i have looked at losta of pics and this is the closet picture i can find to my tank which is still in garden until i know how to set it up , hope someone can help as im really excited for my new fish to have a much bigger home but very important as i live on second floor and would be disaterous if there was an accident with tank , thank you for ant help and much respect

now i will try to add picture
300701.jpg
hey that was easy :flowers::fish1:my tank is bigger than this one but same model i think /very thick strong glass , i will get exact measurement asap

Back
Top Bottom