Help with protein skimmer!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dikiibill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my husband purchased a 60G Protein Skimmer HOB w/pump Reef Marine Pro Pack from e bay. It came with no instructions on how to set it up. We hooked it up exactly like the picture shows and it is not making bubbles. water is flowing through it but nothing is overflowing into the cup. We do not know if we hooked it up correctly. When we blow air into the airline tube it makes bubbles. It seems to me there is no air to it? We don't know and we are new to the world of protein skimmers! Here is a link to the product from e bay. Thanks.

60G Protein Skimmer HOB w/pump Reef Marine Pro Pack - eBay (item 290359602228 end time Nov-10-09 15:13:59 PST)

The link you provided doesn't work, but if it's the one on eBay for $29.95 and looks like this...
ProPackS_400x700.jpg

... then I'd say you probably got what you paid for. From what I see, it doesn't look like you're going to get many bubbles... if any... from that setup.

It does take a skimmer a week or so to "break in" before it really starts producing much skimmate, so I suppose there's hope that you're just in this break in period. But if this is the skimmer you got, I think I'd start looking for another one.

I think I read that some people have had luck with this skimmer by switching the pump to the Rio pump that is used on the CPR Bak Pak

Back
Top Bottom