Help with RO Unit ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oqsy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I work at a hospital and got this RO unit in great working condition absolutely free (i saved it from a trip to the landfill) It's a unit that is used in dialysis, and I'm trying to find some specs on it, but it's aged a bit, and didn't come with any literature. if anyone has any leads, please let me know :)

Thanks,
Oqsy

wow the cheapest one cost $ 14268.30 damn
the ro mem cost $390 ouchhhhhhh
but am curious about the membrane cleaner thats odd

from what i've read so far, it seems that the membranes can last up to 2 years, and my source has offered me free carbon units and membranes at cost as well as use of their testing equip and cleaners any time I need them (and they're not in use).

I also tested the unit today. this is pasted from my post on plantedtank.net

5 gallon fill time: 7 min 37 seconds

water params: ph 6.2; kH ~5ppm; gh ~ 0 ppm; nitrate 0 ppm; Cl2 0

runs smooth, pretty quiet (i've had HOBs that were louder), and drains the most foul smelling concentrated waste water in the world. the entire kitchen smelled like sulfur for about 30 minutes after I shut it off. i used it for 50% of my water change volume today, with the other 50% straight tap... slowed things down a bit from 100% tap changes, but not enough to be a problem. the only complaint i have about the unit is that it's BIG and HEAVY. I need to find a better place to keep it, and plumb it so that I have an RO faucet in an easy location for water changes. I also noticed that when dosing my KNO3, KCL, and traces (sprinkled them into the outflow of straight R/O during the second half of the water change) that the stuff dissolved about 3 times faster than usual. it's like liquid sponge. anyway, great performance and an all around fun gadget! I recommend one to anyone that can get one for free...

Oqsy

Back
Top Bottom