Help with this device

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonyMark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to larger aquariums. I have kept fish for years but only in smaller tanks. I have finally upgraded to a big 120L tank and it's great!

However, I took the pictured device apart and gave it a good clean and ever since then it has made a dreadful clicking noise and become too loud to bare. I think I have cracked the magnetic band that goes round the fan which is making it so noisy.

I really need to buy a new one. My tank has 3 chambers in the back. One for the tropical heater, one for the filter sponges and bio balls and another where this pictured motor sits, sucking in water and pumping it to the top back into the tank.

I really do not know what it's called. Local pet shops look at me clueless and just show me all-in-one filters, and my internet searches also bring up filters :ermm: So if someone could please tell me the name of this motor, and possibly a good vendor. I also want to get a new tube, as this one is all green and the ends have been stretched. The connector on the device is a bout 1 and 1/2 cm in diameter. So it would be nice to know the proper name for these tubes too and if anyone knows a good seller.

I look forward to sharing my future experiences here!

Thanks in advance,
Ant

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 77
These are quite common at breaking.. Mine has since stopped working.. Try taking it back to where you got it from and see if they will replace it for you

Back
Top Bottom