Help with Used Eheim 2217

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klaus3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I bought used Eheim Classic 2217 filter for my 55g recently, which seemed like good idea, but with missing parts, probably will not save much.

Found the instructions online and read them in German and English, but want to make sure, that I find all the necessary missing parts, as the directions not very helpful. It appear that I have both intake and outtake hoses, cut-down spraybar and 2 intake pipes with intake strainer. Attached photo of parts that came with filter (which has all media). I know that I will need the double taps (both 494 and 794, right?) and suction cups. Will I need the spraybar plug or elbows (last seem unnecessary to me)?

Also, how to attach spraybar to outtake hose? They are same width! It appear that previous owner used section of wider tubing for this.

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 93
Surprised that no one knows about this. :( After I look at it again, I think that I will need double valves, spraybar plug, small elbow and suction cups (but not larger elbow).

Look like piece of the wider tubing to connect spraybar and narrower tubing, so hope that it hold.

Looking at what I see here is what I do not see.

2 sets of double tap connectors
Spray bar plug
Suction cup set ( uses 4 of them)
Return elbow (It is a u bend and then a 90 degree bend that goes to the spray bar)

Looks like you have the rest of the plumbing parts.
The part numbers are on their website but the site is a little hard to navigate.

I am useing two 2215 on my 90 gallon and they work great , super quiet and water crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom