Help with vacuum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danisnotonfire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have this old aquarium vacuum I found in the closet. I wanted to use this to drain my pond however I can’t seem to get it to work. My new ones have a squeeze thing and this doesn’t have anything just a tube. From my memory I thought I had to fill up and put my thumb on the tube to stop it from coming out then stick in the tank and it would work. But that’s not working so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Attachments

• 03A26BBF-EA24-4D97-A621-A37664DEEB1D.jpg
    03A26BBF-EA24-4D97-A621-A37664DEEB1D.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 28
I believe you will need to do it the old fashion way. You get it started by sucking on the skinny end till the water starts the flow.

Or shake it up and down to start the syphon action.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-141903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-141903_Samsung Internet.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 25
Idk if I can edit posts but I just wanted to say that I think it’s impossible bc it’s supposed to be used when the water is higher but thanks al for the help

Idk if I can edit posts but I just wanted to say that I think it’s impossible bc it’s supposed to be used when the water is higher but thanks al for the help
Not sure what you mean, but you cant syphon from a lower container into a higher container. A pump would be required for that.

Back
Top Bottom