Hiding air line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Stupid question probably, but does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the airlines for my bubblers hidden under the gravel and to keep it tight to the corners? All I've found are these suction cups that work just about as well as their price indicates lol. Anyone use something else??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got rock weights tied on to mine. Mainly in the corner.

But same problem that every so often I have to press it back down or just put more gravel or API laterite on top.

I just let mine hang lol, but seems like suction cups is the way to go like you said , maybe get some better quality ones?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Or run it down the corner and suction cup it under the rocks

I used to use lead free fishing weights to hold down tons of stuff in my freshwater tank. With some fishing line and a weight and maybe suction cups on the sidewalls im sure you could hide airline pretty well.

You'd have to set this up in advance so it might be too late for this, but here's what I did for one of my tanks:

Black background, black airline tubing, and black silicone to hold it down in the corners. The silicone doesn't bind very well to the tubing, if I'm being honest... so I had to really goop it on an pretty much encase it. It took several days of drying and reapplying to get it the way I wanted it. But the end result was that you couldn't really tell where it was unless you were really looking for it.
Sadly, for all the work that went into it, that tank sits unused and will likely get broken down into a QT.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mine is zip tied to the backside of the filter intake, rest is hidden by rocks

Jesse

That's a pretty decent idea. I have tons of zip ties!

Or run it down the corner and suction cup it under the rocks

that's what I have right now. The suction cups are just so poor quality that they barely hold. And when they do, they break down so fast and stop suctioning. So now they're just basically there lol

I used to use lead free fishing weights to hold down tons of stuff in my freshwater tank. With some fishing line and a weight and maybe suction cups on the sidewalls im sure you could hide airline pretty well.

I never even thought of fishing weights. That's an interesting idea.

You'd have to set this up in advance so it might be too late for this, but here's what I did for one of my tanks:

Black background, black airline tubing, and black silicone to hold it down in the corners. The silicone doesn't bind very well to the tubing, if I'm being honest... so I had to really goop it on an pretty much encase it. It took several days of drying and reapplying to get it the way I wanted it. But the end result was that you couldn't really tell where it was unless you were really looking for it.
Sadly, for all the work that went into it, that tank sits unused and will likely get broken down into a QT.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Honestly I wish I would have thought of doing all this first lol. Unfortunately everything's 50 shades of blue in my tank lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I had air lines pvc pipe works great to hid it , I also used plastic wiring harness covers to bind up the wires into a cluster ,

Back
Top Bottom