High tech light option? SORAA Par38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokilow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I just recently upgraded to a 90gal tank from my 40br and am looking at going semi-hightech. I already do CO2, ferts, and have two 36' beamswork FSPECs.

The beamsworks are 36in and so they dont fit perfectly and are an eye sore. I want to upgrade lighting but I dont want to break the bank. I was thinking at first to put a single finnex planted + but people are saying i would need another light on top of that. That quickly puts the lights over 200$.

Normally I design my own led boards but with this tank it would also cost more so here is my idea. I seen in a magazine a high tech tank was using SORAA lights for their tank. Looking them up I think i could get good results with two SORAA par38 (https://www.soraa.com/products/23-PAR38.php#) over both sides of the tank. Then lighting housings are cheap and a diy stand put me right around 150$ for what im hoping is a powerful lighting setup.

(ps, I want to grow some red plants, have some carpet plants, etc. That is what i mean by high tech)

What are your thoughts?

I don't keep plants, so I'm def no expert on how much lighting they require. Etc. But I have a finnex planted plus 24/7 on a 105g, it's a little deeper than my 90g by and inch or 2. It's very bright in there. I personally can't imagine that it's not bright enough all the way to the bottom for carpet plants. But like I said, I'm no expert, lol

Thanks for you input. Ill ask the people over on planted tank and see what they think.

i use 2 LED bulbs i forgot what wattage they are i think like 50 watts or so
they dont get hot
i might buy 2 more once i get my aquarium plants

Back
Top Bottom