HOB recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for recommendations besides AC, know they're the best but a bit beyond my price range right now. Tanks are 2x70g 2x65g 55g 30g all double filtered except 30. Using marineland/penguin 330/350s right now but no longer able to get parts so as they die need to have backups ready to go

You could look at seachem tidals and Fluval C's... Same price range but honestly I believe they're better then AC. Aqueon isnt great even making the media different clogs it up too much and slows flow a lot. You could try Penn Plax hobs, I have one and haven't had any problems with it, runs silent, little small on filter media space tho. Penguins aren't too bad but honestly might be the best option is getting those again. I feel like I got most of the main brand ones unless someone has other ideas?

Aqueon and Tetra are caca. I would just save pennies and get an AQ. The Seachem do look comparable to AQ . Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom