homemade sponge filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how do i make a homemade sponge filter/fry safe filter because all my attempts have failed. i have heard pantyhose? is that true?

Yes, that will work. I use a material called tulle which is like the material used to make bridal veils. Just wrap it around the intake nozzle and secure with rubber bands.

animalzrok2 said:
how do i make a homemade sponge filter/fry safe filter because all my attempts have failed. i have heard pantyhose? is that true?

Animalzrok - read my post called "kuhlis in the filter" there is a ton of good info in there regarding this issue. I had panty hose but replaced it with a sponge, the panty hose was getting clogged quickly plus looked gross LOL

You can get the block foam at fabric stores and hook up a tube in the middle with a air tube in it. This cause water to be pulled through the foam and up and out the tube with the air. You can get the sponge damp and freeze it for awhile to harden it if you want to drill it out too.

DIY Sponge Filter

Back
Top Bottom