Hooded light fixture stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedikeens11

Aquarium Advice Regular
So Ive had this tank for a little over a year now. The light has now decided to come on when it wants. Any suggestions on if I should throw it out, if it can be fixed, and or what brand should I replace it with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the help just went out and purchased a whole new set up.

Your old fixture might be salvageable. Often the starter goes bad. It's a small, fat, silver cylinder. Twist it a quarter or half turn and pull it out. It has specifications printers on it. Replacement starters can be found in the lighting section of a hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you Fresh2o but I already went out and purchased another as I couldn't leave my fish in the dark another day. I will def look into this as I'm thinking of starting another tank.

Thank you Fresh2o but I already went out and purchased another as I couldn't leave my fish in the dark another day. I will def look into this as I'm thinking of starting another tank.

Just for future reference, fish don't really mind if it's dark.

Lol thanks Mebbid....it's tuff when I want light so I can stare at them for awhile. I have the tank half lit due to the silver dollars so there's always partial light.

Back
Top Bottom