Horrible Hard Water Stains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbz99

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a 55 gallon tank off Cragslist and it has horrible hard water stains..they can not be removed with vinegar or vinegar with baking soda. I have also tried using a knife to scrap it away...nothing. They seem to be very old stains. I was wondering if it would even be worth it to get chemicals to clean the glass or if it is not worth it. Do you know of any chemicals that remove stains that are very old? Thanks
~Zac

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

B u m p

B u m p

I think the simple green or clean can't remember :) should help remove them. I know CLR would remove the stains but I doubt it's safe to use in an aquarium.

Simple green works fairly well with a lot of elbow grease. I found by accident that chicken grease does wonders. Had some on my fingers while hosting a good party and had to rearrange the garage at the same time. Was amazed. Another accidental find was (sounds bad but again, works like a charm) is saliva. Ever heard of a "spit shine" ? There's a reason that came about.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Straight vinegar will work best

Back
Top Bottom