how many watts do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdp242

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to do corals, but how many watts does my light need to be for basic corals?

Look into the taotronic dimmable led's they'll give you all the light you'll ever need about $120 to $150 each. How big is the tank

Look into the taotronic dimmable led's they'll give you all the light you'll ever need about $120 to $150 each. How big is the tank

His tank is only 5 gallons. A Tao panel would burn everything.

OP- Look into some par30 or par38 bulbs. Don't get one that is two strong, maybe 2:3 blue white ratio with 5 LED total.

His tank is only 5 gallons. A Tao panel would burn everything.

OP- Look into some par30 or par38 bulbs. Don't get one that is two strong, maybe 2:3 blue white ratio with 5 LED total.

Oh no that won't work he didn't say the size

I have a thirty gallon I want to convert to saltwater. I wouldn't do corals in a 5 gallo since its so small.

I have a thirty gallon I want to convert to saltwater. I wouldn't do corals in a 5 gallo since its so small.

What would you do in a 5 then? Just live rock, sand and a couple inverts? No fish can go in that size tank. Coral only 5 gallons look amazing

Back
Top Bottom