Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

How Much Flow from a SunSun/Polar 303b Spraybar?

Just got my new 75g finished and fired everything up. How much flow should I be getting out of the spray bar? I know itís supposed to flow 370gph, but the spray bar is just making a ripple on the surface.

1. Itís the spray bar it came with, ~14Ē long. Do I need to. Make it shorter?
2. I had some dish scrubbers in the HOB on the other tank so I put those (4) and a few handfuls of gravel from the old tank in the very bottom of the filter to jump start the bacteria and break up the flow per some of the YouTube videos Iíve seen. Is that too much stuff down there?
3. When I did a water change on the other tank, I filled the new filter with water from it, purged the filter, and rocked it back and forth until there were no more bubbles in the hoses.

Iíd post a picture, but you canít really see anything because I just filled it and itís got those tiny air bubbles everywhere

Old 04-03-2020, 12:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Did you shorten the hose on the output? Removing the excess will help improve flow to the tank, the pump doesnít have to work as hard.

Did you get all of the air bubbles out of the filter. I always have to rock mine a bit to work the bubbles out.

The spray bar diffuses the flow. If you want it strong, short the spray bar or remove it.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Forget the spray bar. Buy one of there and add it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOC-LINE-1-...72.m2749.l2649

Just cut off about 3/4" of the Sunsun tubing, heat in hot water one end and screw it on the nozzle and just plug in in. Works much better.

Tags
flow, ray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com