How to clean/buff acrylic aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SonicsDC25

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 140g acrylic aquarium and I was looking to buff it. I plan on using Novus #1, 2 and 3 and was wondering if anyone knew how much I would need? Also, any tips on how to buff/clean this tank would be great since I've never had an acrylic tank before. Another thing is that the tank was used for saltwater, are there any special steps I need to clean it of any residue left from the saltwater? Pic of the tank below, when it was all set up right before he tore it down and sold it to me (y)

img_3018065_0_9a5c42da9da025b1a298e82836e25fa3.jpg

How about one of those kits for cleaning headlights on cars. They are clear acrylic and I have used such a kit with great luck on really badly hazed auto lights. You can use vinegar to clean off deposits left by the salt water.

I prefer Novus over automotive cleaners since I hear the chemicals left from those are bad if they linger. Just need to figure out how much I actually need to use and whether sanding is actually necessary :)

Back
Top Bottom