How to instal led light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonygaliazzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
After 2 weeks of waiting, i finally received my led lightning! They are are cheap 165w dimmable led. Id like to have your thoughts of how to you installed yours. I want to have open top just wanted to know if there where other ways than drilling the ceiling. Thanks in advance!

Go to lowes or home depot and buy a piece of galvanized conduit. Bend it to your desired shape right there in the store with their tools, and spray paint it black when you get home. Attach it to the back of the stand or the wall with a couple of these-
two_screws_plus_3G_welded_nut_pipe_clamp.jpg

I have gypse wall so i need to know where there is solide behind to drill and i dont want to fill the wall with holes

I have an edge that is wider than the base of the stand so im not sure of how to fix the poles on my stand. If i bend it to clear the check will it lose its strenght to withstand the weight of the lights?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397004414.687251.jpg

This way was cheap and easy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1397042976064.jpg
    1397042976064.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 131
Went to canac(home depot style) to buy the poles and they didnt had them so i decided to go suspended so i bought gypse angkers and chain, i when i went to screw the hook in the angker, it worked at the beginning but became really tough and it started to turn completly in the gypse without screwing. So exausted gonns go back to the store to get better angkers than the bullshit i bought...

What about like a type of railing system on top of your tank? That can hold you LED?

Could you drill through the inside of the tank to the back panel and put your conduit on like that?

Slide the tank away from the wall and then fasten the conduit on. Before I trusted drywall anchors, I would find a stud, if you are going the wall hanging route.

I used the auger-type drywall anchors rated at 79 pounds each to hang my LEDs. I have two with eyebolts in the ceiling for my IT2080 (Photon 32) over my 75 and two each in plant hangers in the wall for my 165W (D120) over my 40. (The same hangers used to hold a Current USA 150W HQI fixture.) I think Toggler is the brand name.

Back
Top Bottom