HPS lights in live planted tank, and one more question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two 150 watt HPS lights and I want to build a hood with drawers, door and exhaust fans to keep the heat down, The tank is a 75 with community fish. It's a heavily planted tank with lots of drfitwood

I found some dried out driftwood that I'm been soaking in boiling water and bleach for 4 days. Now I,m soaking it in plain water with dechlor for a few more days, I'll test them with feeder fish before trying in my tank, will this work.

Rocks

In reference to the question regarding driftwood, do you know what kind of wood it is?

The method you have use to disinfect it sounds fine, although plain boiling water would have most likely killed everything without having to use the bleach. The only thing different that I would have done was let the wood dry again before soaking it in the decholrinated water so it would absorb the dechlor water.

Im unsure what on HPS light is.

In reference to the question regarding driftwood, do you know what kind of wood it is?

The method you have use to disinfect it sounds fine, although plain boiling water would have most likely killed everything without having to use the bleach. The only thing different that I would have done was let the wood dry again before soaking it in the decholrinated water so it would absorb the dechlor water.

Im unsure what on HPS light is.

Hight pressure sodium (hps) The are the same as most street lights and work wonders on indoor plants.

Back
Top Bottom