Hydor Evolution powerhead placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really that puts you right at 50x... If its a softy tank ya that's a little high but for placement it will partly depend on your rock scaping and only you will be able to get it just right but personally I would put 2 on the side glass of one side (one pointing along the back wall to keep debris from settling.behind your scape/one agitating the surface in the front) the third I would.put on the opposite side glass to blow across the front of the scape work

Thank you for help! That's a great place for us to start with their placement and we can fiddle with it from there to avoid a sandstorm effect. We currently don't have any corals in this aquarium yet, but want to keep our options as open as possible.

I'm not sure if this counts towards the reccommended 30-50X for flow, but we do have 2 HOB fliters on this aquarium that agitate the surface quite well. The filters are an Emperor 400 and an Emperor 280.

If this ends up being too much flow for this aquarium, we could probably switch out one of the Hydor Koralia 750's with with one of the 170 gph Aquatech from our 38 gallon. That aquarium could probably use more flow than what it currently has anyway.

What would your suggestions be for flow and placement in our 38 gallon? Currently we have (2) Aquatech 170 gph and 1 of the smaller Petco brand powerheads, I'm not even sure what the gph is on that one. Corals in this aquarium are all softies right now: Florida ricordea, mushrooms, dragon eye zoas, and pom pom xenias. Current placement is: Petco one on the left corner of the back wall, angled slightly upwards towards surface and towards center of the tank and 1 of the Aquatech 170's is on the right corner of the back wall pointing slightly upwards towards the surface and towards the center of the tank, and the 3rd one is placed on the left side wall pointing toward the front glass and angled slightly downwards.

themartins said:
Do the 2 HOB fliters count towards the 30-50X gph of reccommended flow?

Yes anything moving water in the display tank counts towards your 30-50x but they shouldn't add much. Probably around 300 gph or so. You can check the box it came in or look it up to find out.

Just seen the other post.. with two 170s you could probably do a 1400 koralia on one side with 2 750s on the other and get away with that but a lil extra flow never hurt ;)

Back
Top Bottom