Hydor koralia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jj49er

Aquarium Advice Regular
As anyone have any experience with this power heads? I am thinking of getting some for my 100gal tank but don't know if it a good brand how many to get and the gph on this brand for my tank?

I have over a dozen of the koralias running and one mp10 for my powerheads. You really cant go wrong with the koralias. :)

For your tank if it's fish only I would say 2 1400's one on either side. If you are going full reef you'll need even more circulation so maybe an extra two placed on the back. It will also depend on the dimensions of the tank.

Thanks, well my tank is 5feet long, 16 in width, 24in tall.. Well I plan to start fish and live rock only first but then eventually change to full reef. Would it be wiser to get bigger right away or start with 1400 then add more?

I think drsfostersmith.com had these powerheads listed with recommended tank sizes. I have 2 now and just ordered a magnum 8 for my 220 build.

Oh ok thanks, so should I start with 2 1400's then when I go reef go higher then?

Go big right from the start you'll save money you'll want 30-50x the volume of your tank It will seem like a lot but it's not lol i have 7000 gph flow in my 180 the fish and coral love it

Wow ok so go big is the way thank u all for you're advice. since u went big how many power heads do u have at 7000gph?

Im running 2 3250's plus my return pump is another 1700 even with the head loss the 3250's are aimed at each other so the flow crashes and gives a nice random flows

Wow ok got it so I was thinking too small with two 1400's

You may be ok with the two 1400's it will depend on what coral you'll have I have a lot of SPS so i tend to go with as much flow as my fish handle

Back
Top Bottom