I am just wondering what the benefits of different kinds of reactors are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I am just wondering what the benefits of different kinds of reactors are, and what they do. :) I would also like to know how you hook them up to your system. Thanks!

Reactors are SOO easy! Go to bulk reef supply and watch the video on it. I was hoping to get a new gfo reactor for the group buy in tuesday. Plus I am going to get a biopellet reactor and see how that works out.

Reactors just have an in and an out line. The inline is attached to say a maxi jet 1200 and shoots the water up through the cylinder where it comes in contact with the media. then after it has been by the pellets or gfo or carbon it gets pushed back out to the sump. It all runs with murlock push pins for the connections, just like their ro/di units. :-D

Which reminds me, do you want to join the group buy? It's set to start this tuesday and run through Sunday.

Reactors are SOO easy! Go to bulk reef supply and watch the video on it. I was hoping to get a new gfo reactor for the group buy in tuesday. Plus I am going to get a biopellet reactor and see how that works out.

Reactors just have an in and an out line. The inline is attached to say a maxi jet 1200 and shoots the water up through the cylinder where it comes in contact with the media. then after it has been by the pellets or gfo or carbon it gets pushed back out to the sump. It all runs with murlock push pins for the connections, just like their ro/di units. :-D

Which reminds me, do you want to join the group buy? It's set to start this tuesday and run through Sunday.
Sounds nice and easy, thanks! What are the positives/negatives of having one?

I to going to join the group buy now! :)

Back
Top Bottom