I can't find a lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moriahma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the fish hobby, and I am having trouble finding a lid for my aquarium.

I bought an aquarium secondhand off of craigslist, and the lid is in rough shape. It is usable, but i have been trying to find something better. It is a glass lid, but it is in two pieces because the plastic hinge is broken, and it is difficult to open because there is no handle.

I measured it, and it is 35 1/8 inches long. I cannot find any glass 35 inch lids, and i don't think that 36 inch would fit correctly. I have seen 36 inch hoods , but the problem there is that i can't seem to find one with led lighting which is what i would like to have. I'm just not sure where to go from here.

I am new to the fish hobby, and I am having trouble finding a lid for my aquarium.

I bought an aquarium secondhand off of craigslist, and the lid is in rough shape. It is usable, but i have been trying to find something better. It is a glass lid, but it is in two pieces because the plastic hinge is broken, and it is difficult to open because there is no handle.

I measured it, and it is 35 1/8 inches long. I cannot find any glass 35 inch lids, and i don't think that 36 inch would fit correctly. I have seen 36 inch hoods , but the problem there is that i can't seem to find one with led lighting which is what i would like to have. I'm just not sure where to go from here.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Can you replace the hinge at all? I use perspex covers which are easy to cut (but will bend slightly) or have previously had glass cut to size with sharp edges ground back.

Thank you! I did not even realize that replacing the hinge was an option.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of the help :) I ended up ordering a new hinge and handle.

Back
Top Bottom