i have a Q? to the very well knowledged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tryin2layadime

Aquarium Advice Regular
well not very well but [moderator edit] close lol. i want to put some dub city trucks in my salt water tank, yes there metal and painted. i know metal rusts with salt but how much of a bad impact will it cause.

pictures of said cars.

53979.jpg

DUB90049.jpg

Are they made in China?
I wouldn't put them anywhere near my tank water. Who knows what's in the paint and what metals are used.

I would not either. Too much of a chance of the paint coming off and rust.

I would also worry about fish getting in through the windows and getting stuck inside. I would say it is not worth it.

I would think you could get it to work if you wanted to put in alot of effort. I mean removing every pop rivit and plastic clip down to the individual pieces then seal them individually with some sort of 100% silicone sealer, then reassemble everything.

It would be alot of work, risk, but I think the concept would be cool. I would love a 50s diner tank with classic cars in it.

I would think you could get it to work if you wanted to put in alot of effort. I mean removing every pop rivit and plastic clip down to the individual pieces then seal them individually with some sort of 100% silicone sealer, then reassemble everything.

It would be alot of work, risk, but I think the concept would be cool. I would love a 50s diner tank with classic cars in it.

hahaha u got the idea. but ya the only concern i had was the salt water rusting the cars and it being to much for the fish chemical wise. if i could come up with a sealer to spray on the metal to keep it from rusting but not hurting the fish would be good.

Unless you encase the truck in acrylic, I wouldn't put it in the tank. If you paint the truck, I doubt you'll get paint in all the nooks and crannies.

Back
Top Bottom