I need 3 T5HO's, 3 or maybe 4 but must me individually controlled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K I can't find an LED or a T5 fixture with the perfect PAR. Tank is 48x24x31 so I need it spread out.

The Aquatic life 4 T5H0 light does 73par @ 24" (to much) and isn't wide enough to cover the whole tank so I got a 6 fixture thinking I could take like light 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 out and still run it but nope they are wired in groups of 2 so if you pull like light 1 out 5 goes off and 2 and 4 and 3 and 6 or something weird. I can chose to turn on 2 or 4 but all 6 is way way to much so I run 2 then 4 but I can't do sunrise and sun set or anything and the 2 isn't enough and the 4 is to much and I get algae blooms and stuff so I need to time them right.

2 dual fixtres wont work because non of them have timers and they all run off 1 power cord so both lights would come on and off. I thought my winning light was going to be the new Aquatic life Marquis dual T5HO lights with timers and I would use 2 because I thought the timer operated each light independent so I could go 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 with the lights but nope I think they both pop on then both pop off :(.

So then I thought screw 3 is perfect so I'm going to get 3 Hagen Glo single fixtures and hook them up to a reef keeper or something, a lot of money but I will get what I want, but they don't make them and re-branded everything to Fluval but guess what they don't make a single fixture just a 4 or 2........

I want 3 or 4 independent lights and either a moon light or a work around for one that can cover a 24" tank evenly.

Back
Top Bottom