I need help buying a 100 gallon aquarium :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saradomin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can't seem to find any sort of official pricing for 100 gallon aquariums. I need a common brand that is carried by pet stores and local fish stores.

The Marina and Marineland aquariums suit my needs, but I have no idea about the cost.

Any tips, advice, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is what they sell for near me, they are Visio brand, I owned a few and had good luck with them.

New 100 gallon glass aquarium(60"x18"x23") with glass tops $204.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Where do you live? Petco has aquarium sales every 3-4 months. $1 per gallon. I have a few aquariums from them and have never had a problem.

Petco only offers the buck per gallon up to 55 gallon with no tops included.

Tops are always an issue with Petco.
They can get them, but not usually in stock at the store .

Craigslist may offer the size aquarium needed, some deals may also include all the tank components.

Have you checked the big box (petco/petsmart) online? They might have ship to store/store pickup available I avoid shipping costs

Its a lot cheaper to build your own at that size. I have built 4 tanks 3 out of glass and my new 1 out of fibber glass would not recommend doing it in fibber glass though expensive, a really big job and hard work in fibber glass. look on youtube lots of people show you how to do it.

I live in Canada and the max size in PetSmart is 75 gallons. I kind of ruled out building my own aquarium as I don't trust my handiwork with these types of projects, nor do I have the time to do it.

Anything else you guys want to share?

What kind of styrofoam is used underneath the aquarium?

The Petsmart clerk was telling me today to watch for "stupid" sales on fish tanks the next few months. Particularly January. "If it isn't on sale before that, it will be on sale in january."

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

The Petsmart clerk was telling me today to watch for "stupid" sales on fish tanks the next few months. Particularly January. "If it isn't on sale before that, it will be on sale in january."

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Did they ever sell 100 or 110 gallon long tanks? I only see 75g tanks on the Canadian website.

Check Craigslist, you can usually find a 120-150 gallon for $200 and most times the people throw in $300 of goodies.

There aren't any spectacular deals in my area and most of the tanks are smaller than what I want. It would be nice if there were some good tanks for a more reasonable price.

Have you looked on ebay for second hand 1 just looked they are really cheap but my search is in uk not us

I plan on getting a new tank as my budget has extended quite a bit.

My fish store carries Aqueon aquariums and the 125 gallon I saw online is an extremely appealing option.

How are Aqueon aquariums in terms of quality? They look pretty nice in the pictures.

Look on the voucher sites first to see if there is a discount voucher for the shop. I did it when buying my filter from zooplus had 30% off worth looking.

Back
Top Bottom