I want to build a sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveJP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to build a sump in the future for an Oscar tank. Dimensions are 73"x27"x27"(215 gallon). It's going to be constructed of 12mm acrylic. The stock is going to be 4 oscars, 1 black banded, 1 pleco, and 3 jurupari earth eaters. Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks:)

I'm looking to build a sump in the future for an Oscar tank. Dimensions are 73"x27"x27"(215 gallon). It's going to be constructed of 12mm acrylic. The stock is going to be 4 oscars, 1 black banded, 1 pleco, and 3 jurupari earth eaters. Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks:)

Maybe a rubber made bin would be your best bet?

I'm sorry to sound "needy", but this is all new stuff for me. What kind of stuff would I need to build it? Does any one have any good links to other threads or websites that have DIY instructions on this stuff? Sumps are new to me. Im used to the HOB filters, but I doubt one of those would work on a 200 gallon custom tank (building an acrylic one next year after I get a good bit of money saved up)...and I don't want to have multiple canister filters. Do sumps clean the water the way a canister would, just I would need to make/set the components? Thank you for any info:)

Sorry I mentioned the size of he tank in the previous post. I forgot I put it in the one before hand. I've had a rough day dealing with the flu:(

Just go and buy a used second hand glass tank you can pick them up cheap if you look around then just add your own glass partition

Forget this ghetto rubber maid stuff what's the point

Have U been on You Tube? Great Diy videos there. Try urajoey, he has videos for everything.

Back
Top Bottom