im gonna buy a new canister filter what should i use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfisherman

Aquarium Advice Freak
im in the works of setting up a new 45gal tank for discus and plants. what is a good canister filter for this set up? i have a tetra whisper already but i kinda want to get away from it. any info would be great.

I use Fluval canisters and love them. A Fluval 406 would be perfect for a 45 IMO. I run them on my 55's.

Definitely a fluval 406, I have 3 fluvals, all never have failed me and I LOVE the media customization options.

I like my fluval as well, but soon someone is gonna come here n start trash talking fluval and tell you to get an eheim .
if you have the $$ definitely get an eheim, they're top of the line. Fluval is below them and then you got all the Chinese knock offs on eBay. But a lot of people have had a great success with them as well.

I use a Fluval 306 on my 40 gallon breeder and it runs perfect. I love it. If you can spare the money go with the 406 but the 306 will do fine in your tank.

What kind of tank is it. Size, fresh or salt water, fish only or planted/coral?

For high light the general rule of thumb was 4-5 watts per gallon. That rule doesn't really apply no more, but still gives you an idea what you're looking for. But if you want a high light tank you need good substrate, co2, ferts. Its not just about the lights anymore.
Yes they're the right kelvin temp for plants.

Back
Top Bottom