In need of a large tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manosch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi to all.. I am a new member here and also totally new to aquariums, never had any, but now i am in need of one.. So, as I seem to be in trouble i thought that the more experienced guys here would help me.(by the way i hope i m posting in the right place, sorry if not!)

I need a large tank for a project at my university. It is not going ot be used for fish, but as a pool for a small model boat. It's dimensions shoule be about 270cm*100cm*40cm. (length*width*depth). That makes around 1000liters of water. I searched a lot over the internet for a large glass aquarium but did not find anything at these dimensions. Can someone help me please and tell me where will I find that tank or where can i have one built to order? (Pref. in Europe) I was told that glass is the best material for that and not plex glass as it is much cheaper and will not have any problems but i am still looking on it. Also if someone can i would like an approximation of such a tanks price (so if it is too expensive for the university to pay i start looking for something else..)

Thank you for your time and help,
Manos Ch.

Does it have to be glass You could always buy some sheets of Acrylic and fabricate your own tank to the exact size you want

Or get a farm trough from a local livestock store.

I will look for a trough, looks like its a good idea.. At Craigslist.com i cant find anything relevant.
@fijiwigi: No it doesnt have to be glass. Any material strong enough to keep that amount of water without breaking will be fine.. Will acrylit make a strong construction?
Thank you for your answers..

Back
Top Bottom