In need of heavy duty Air pump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrDaytona

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have a recommendation or brand name that I could do a search of for an air pump that is reliable.

I have already gone thru 2 Optima pumps in one year and they were the biggest pump they make.

My problem is that I am attempting to provide an air bubbling stream that is 7 feet in length that is also 5 feet below the surface. I prefer to leave my bubbler on 24/7 as I feel my 400 gallon FW tank requires the aeration for my cichlids.

I have searched, without success, for an air pump that is similar to the piston type that I once had many years ago - but it seems they are no longer made.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

actually go to www.thatfishplace.com they havea couple cool heavy duty pumps, one is a Luft 7.0 PSI with reostat for about 47 bucks, it should hadle the deepst of tanks and a bunch air products, they also have one that has a piston and everything and pumps out alot of air and has its own built gang valve i think its about 68 bucks, they have cheaper priced ones also, hope this helps

A friend told me about stellar air pumps. He told me they were very powerful and extremely quiet. I ordered 2 from this company. http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/tlist/airpumps/stellar.php?category_ID=46
I could only find them in Canada. The prices are in canadian. So it is actually cheaper when converted to US $. I haven't tried them yet, but I will let you know. I have two very deep tanks and I need better air pumps, but I don't want anything too noisy.

Back
Top Bottom