Innovative Marine SW, to FW Filtration Adjustments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
So I have this tank

Innovative Marine NUVO SR Series 80 gallon AIO tank and stand

Although originally purchased (used) for a SW tank, I need to use it for FW right now.

It is planned to be a river tank side information is not complete at the build thread but working on it (why I am here figuring this out)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/autumskys-river-basin-styled-80g-370444.html#post3531404

Here is a video from the company and at 1:09 it gets to the specs and tank information

Basically the back filtration section is appx, 4 inches wide and the length of the tank with over flows and dual out flows and dual pumps to get the water out to 4 adjustable position out flows.

Several options are considered.

Maybe the most simple solution is using the dual pumps and a 4x4x8 Marine pure block in the back with the ceramic media and Matrix, I am already using in the FX-5 filter.

The present fish stock fore the 80G are in the 72G with one FX-5.

I have a second canister FX-5 which is not being used but might be able to be fitted to use in the Innovative Marine (IM) tank.

Questions are which should I use?

The tank will keep 12 large Adult Congo Tetras, and 5 clown Loaches -currently - 4"(3x) 5"(1) and one appx. 7" Clown Loach. A few Dwarf Petricola and a pair of Odessa Barbs. Looking for a big 120G or more size tank for the future of the Clowns.

River style build, refer to thread linked above.

FX-5
I could try using the inflow and outflow in the 4 inch space in back this seems like it would be a possible problem of not having enough water to suck up (925 g/h) since it is a high capacity filter.

Or put it over black back acrylic to come in and out from the main area of the tank - but this isn't preferred as it will clutter up the back but since I already use it that way, it would not be the end of the world.

Add or not add an unused Fluval 110 ~450 g/h

Bio Pure Block plus media?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Any ideas / thoughts friends?

Thank you, it just threw me off track when actually looking at it, and plotting the installation, it didn't seem like it would work with the FX-5.

For a year I had intended to use that big filter for the next big FW tank.

Back
Top Bottom