Installing MH bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RunDrums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a question about installing the bulb on a MH light with double ends. if your looking at the bulb in the middle part of the glass there is kind of a tit (raised piece of glass on bulb ). What side does this tit need to be on? bottom near the reflector or on top near the glass UV shield? Or does it really mater which side it's on?? this is a 14K phoenix bulb

I put mine so the nipple is facing the reflector. My reasoning behind it is that the nipple will defract some of the light but the reflector should catch the light and shine it back into the tank.

thank you for the reply klam. So I did install it correctly. I had all ready installed the bulb then realized Oh O I might have goofed, and then tried to get the bulb out and couldn't, figured I'd just leave it alone until I was sure.

I also recommend installing with the nipple up. Mercury will collect there if it's pointed down and lower the lifespan of the bulb.

To get the bulb out you have to push the bulb to one end of the mount because there are springs in each end that locks the bulb in place

Back
Top Bottom