Is the possible to use as a powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

excited_newby

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I am a mechanics canible and diy'er, so I was wondering if this was possible. I was going to put this in the DIY category but I think this is better.

This morning when I was doing some aquarium stuff at school I found three old aquaclear, or aquaclear style hand on the back filters. I was wondering if those motors could be submerged. I would like to use them cause the put out maybe 70 GPH and though that is not much it would be good for some dead spots in the tank. If they arent submersable I think that I will just run some tubing into and out of them to get so flow.

Any help would be great!

I was wondering if those motors could be submerged. I would like to use them cause the put out maybe 70 GPH and though that is not much it would be good for some dead spots in the tank.

No, they are not sealed for use under water.

Darn, well it was worth a try anywho. I will see what I have got for old tubing and see if I can hook it up that way. Thanks for saving me the shock (I had a good suspicion that they were not sealed.)

Back
Top Bottom