Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menotakoala

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm not too sure if this is being posted in the right section of the forum. If not, will an admin please move this? I'm looking to buy a 75 gal Jebo tank. It's the one with the rounded corners. I found a used one for $100 which includes the tank, some pirate themed decorations (which he claims cost him over $50), a 12 inch high underwater waterfall, and a net. He said there is no canopy or lighting or stand is available and was used as a FW tank previously. Is $100 a good price for this? Your input would be greatly appreciated. I'm a :n00b: when it comes to prices.

It sounds like a fair price, do some searches on line to compare what it would cost new if you really want to know.

No problem, the reason I think its a fair price is because a brand new 29g tank around where I live is about $40 and that's just a box. If this one is over twice the size and has rounded corners along with some decorations for $100 I say go for it. Just make sure it's not leaking at any seals.

Okay thanks Josh. I did a rough estimates using the dimensions he gave me and it looks like it's roughly a 63 gallon tank unlike the 70 he claims.

It will be a little less than that even when you add gravel to it.

Okay thanks Josh. I did a rough estimates using the dimensions he gave me and it looks like it's roughly a 63 gallon tank unlike the 70 he claims.

The rounded corners may affect the dimensions. Is this tank acrylic? It doesn't sound like a bad deal. Just ask him to fill it with water a couple hours before you see it and have him let you check it for leaks.

not really a deal by me but it depends on around you. maybe hold out for a tank with stand. i would offer $50ish he can keep the pirate ship.

Back
Top Bottom